Monday, March 7, 2011

This, That and the Other

Less than a month and this little girl will be 1! Doesn't seem possible.
For Valentine's Day and our upcoming Anniversary Jason surprised me with a trip to West Baden. We had the best time. He planned the whole trip from taking the girls to Louisville to dinner reservations and even a couples massage. He did an excellent job and we enjoyed every moment of our grown up weekend. I told him several times that I didn't think we were really mature enough to be there, but he assured me we could handle it. Friday night we had dinner at Sinclair's which is at the West Baden hotel. Dinner was excellent. Not a bad day when your biggest problem is what to drink since the wine list didn't have Monarch wines. Saturday we had a nice breakfast at the cafe at our hotel just before our pampering began. We had an hour long massage. Neither of us had ever had one and it was fantastic. They made believers out of us!
Above is the main lobby and below is a picture of our room. The hotel was beautiful, i felt like i was on the land version of the Titanic. There is so much history there and pictures throughout really show how much was restored to be very much like it was in the 1920s. Saturday evening we took the shuttle to the French Lick resort and had dinner at 1875. It is named 1875 for the first year of the Kentucky Derby. Guests would come to town for the derby and then stay at French Lick and West Baden until the Indy 500. Dinner was awesome! We started with a lobster mac and cheese. We both enjoyed steaks, mushrooms and asparagus. We thought we better go ahead and try the bread pudding while we were there, too. We certainly weren't disappointed.

Family: Even made friends with two sisters from Tell City at the bar at the West Baden. She said she had heard the last name Troll before.

Maggie's reaction when we got to Jason's parents was adorable! She practically jumped into Jason's arms and yelled "Daddy, Mommy!" The girls had a good weekend and played hard with their cousin. Tonight maggie told me she had to be careful on the steps or she could fall and crack her noodle...Grandpa Ron told her that one.




We recently had our bathtub reglazed, we weren't allowed to use it for 24 hours and Anna really needed a bath. Just so happened to be on the same day that I realized how few pictures I've taken of just her. She still only has two teeth on the bottom. How can you look at that and not smile?

Last June I was sick and couldn't go to Maggie's dance recital. We were sick at Christmas and were at home instead of with family. More recently we missed my sister's baby shower. I hated to miss it. The girls had a stomach bug and I couldn't think about going and risking getting everyone sick. Of course, i spent much time deliberating who was going to wear what and i had planned out in my head where we could set up the food, drinks, and cupcakes at my parents....and we couldn't even go. Did I mention they were Flying Cupcakes?! If you know me you know that I hate to miss out on visits with family and friends. So I did what any good sister would do and I called nearly every hour to see how it was going. I hated, hated, hated missing it but was so glad I was able to go one in her honor the weekend before. So now, we are just waiting to meet this little baby girl!



Anna has been walking for a few weeks now. Actually, she is getting really good. This evening she walked from the couch in the living room to find me in the kitchen...not that our house is huge, but she walked in there like she's been doing it for years.


No comments: