Here we are day 2 of the Ice Storm. We've made the most of our time watching cartoons, making cookies and playing toys!!
Right after school on Tuesday I hurried home, packed the essentials and headed to my parents with the girls in tow. Our power has trouble when it rains sometimes and i was certain we wouldn't make it without losing power. Maggie was so excited about seeing her grandparents. She was able to see Grandma Mary and Papaw Ron this weekend and then to turn around and see Grandma Susan and Grandpa two days later made her very happy. I felt like I was in a movie as I quickly packed some clothes, diapers and formula. Jason came down after work with the dogs and spent the night with us. He went to work on Wednesday after he dropped the dogs off at our house. It didn't really work out with the dogs. At all!
Sunday and Monday Maggie was convinced we were going sledding. We aren't sure where she came up with this idea but she was ready to go after her nap (bed). "I gonna go sledding tomorrow with my mommy and daddy. We put on our mit-tens, hats, scarf and go down the hill." When we asked her who told her about sledding she said her grandma. "My grandma going to take me." Both are certain they did not offer to take her :) I have convinced her that ice is dangerous and that we can't go sledding on the ice. Maybe during the next snow we'll be able to go.
Last night Jason decided to stay at home with the dogs when he got home from work. I was just glad to hear he made it home safely. We stayed put and enjoyed another night at my parents. Today the girls are playing and with some modern conviences we are going to stream Shrek: The Final Chapter and have an afternoon movie.
Anna is 10 months today. She took a little step yesterday. I was so glad I was home to see it. She let go of me and then did a left then right. or was it right then left? Either way she did it, she took her first step and I was there to see it!
Last night we watched Secretariat. We loved it, i was thinking how much Jason would enjoy it and that I should buy it for Jason as a gift knowing he would like it, too. When I talked to him before bed he had already bought it at the store. He watched it while he was home and enjoyed it as much as we did. "Jamie, we need to buy a horse." "Yes, Jason, that is exactly what we need right now."
No comments:
Post a Comment