Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring is in the Air

I'm an aunt again! Harper has arrived!


Proud Grandpa with my sister just after Harper Jane was born. Seriously, who looks like that just after they have delivered a baby? This weekend my sister, Meredith had her daughter. She is beautiful. She and my brother in law have waited a long time for her and I could not be more excited for them. Harper is one lucky little girl!
Harper Jane Amlung

7lbs 13 oz, 22 inches
Ben, Meredith and Harper
Katie meeting Harper for the first time.
Meredith and Anna taking it easy.
I've always liked the spring, i really like the beginning of each season. This spring seems to be struggling to get started, but it is almost April. Flowers are getting buds and our magnolia tree looks like it will blossom soon. Thank goodness it brings more sunshine and flowers! I'll even take the spring showers just so we can have warmer temperatures. This year spring really seems to bringing all kinds of changes at our house. Anna turns 1 this Saturday-she has made the switch to milk and is done with bottles (cha-ching!). She is eating very well and hasn't found a food she hasn't liked. Her little personality is really starting to show. She has a few new "tricks" and I think she is very close to getting two new teeth. In fact, i'm sure of it. I'm sure she will get them Saturday morning or during her party. Around here that is when those kinds of things happen, right in the middle of a party! She is hard to catch on camera. Her little smiles are so cute, but I have failed to capture a picture that really shows her true personality. Here is to hoping i can do that at her birthday party. She has become a pro at walking and gets around very well. Her hair is coming in nicely, there are some signs that look like she could have some curls, but I won't be surprised either way. Speaking of curls, Maggie's hair is curlier than ever. Without going into great detail she is doing very well potty training. Most of the training happened at the babysitters which is much appreciated. She says "tada, i went potty" as one of us goes into the bathroom, complete with hand motions as if she has done a magic trick.


Hopefully it won't be long before I can share a new blog and the address that will let you know Harper a little better...

No comments: