Probably over a year ago I found this bench on Pinterest and loved it. I had a chair here and my sister had the other two chairs that belonged to my Grandma Charlotte, so the wheels started turning.
Fast forward to the last few weeks and the project started to come together. Katie brought me the last two chairs and we were all set. Now, the only part of this project that was free was the chairs. The foam was the most expensive. We opted not to paint the chairs for now. I'm not very good with spray paint so I cleaned up the chairs and called in my handy husband to make the actual bench. It's too bad I don't have a picture of our trip to the hardware store because it really was a mess. Something else that is never mentioned on Pinterest is how the errands really go. "I picked up the supplies at the hardware store with a 1 year old squirming to get free and fascinated with anything deemed dangerous. Or the temper tantrum one child threw when she couldn't have a second treat of the day." Nope, I've never seen those steps in a DIY series of directions. Anyway, we bought the supplies we needed and here is how it all came together.
Before: Old fabric Meredith had selected while living in an old apartment.
During: Connecting the chairs and tightening up some of the support.
After: And viola! There you have a bench reclaimed from three chairs. I'm a sucker for keeping furniture from my grandparents so this is a win! It is in our hallway upstairs and gives us a place to put shoes on the girls.
I'd like to thank my husband for his work and the Kentucky Wildcats for winning because I'm pretty sure if they weren't doing so well in the tournament this project would not be finished.






1 comment:
Love it! And I too, LOVE anything passed down from generations. So special. xoxo
Post a Comment