Monday, March 10, 2014

Jamaica Mon!

We loved every minute of our trip. Jason and I were able to travel to Jamaica at the end of February for 5 days and it was just perfect. He was rewarded a trip for his hard work and after years of staying home I finally was able to go. Not that I had complained or was jealous of his travels in the past. Err, yes I have! I'm not sure if this will help because now I know how fabulous the trips can be. I did tell him on the last leg of our journey home I do understand why he says he is tired when he gets back, but that doesn't mean I will be sympathetic if he goes to an all inclusive without me :)

We stayed at the Iberostar in Montego Bay and it didn't take long for us to relax. We spent our time at the pool with friends from Indiana and from Ohio. It was wonderful to see old friends and get to know all the nice people Jason works with here. I found it especially nice to talk to the spouses who had moved their young families and remember the adjustment. Again, it is good for me to have the reminder that I'm not the first person to pack up my family and start fresh. Even though sometimes I act like I'm such a trailblazer.

The drinks were delicious as was the food. Let's be honest though, I could have eaten peanut butter and jelly so long as I wasn't the one fixing it I would have thought it was perfect. We both loved the jerk dishes the best. The ice cream wasn't too bad either. I was so excited about fried plantain, I ate it every chance I had.  You'll never hear me complain about someone else doing all the cooking, cleaning, and working. Now, if Jason can mix me up one of those Jamaican Smiles (fantastic pool side beverage) when we're in the back yard this summer we'll be all set.

We were able to take a bus to Ocho Rios to see Dunn's River Falls. We traveled through Jamaica and saw what life can be like living in Jamaica. Our tour guide was great and told us quite a bit about Jamaican life on our ride. If you happen to be at our house we'll be happy to show you the video we bought from the energetic videographer.

The view from our room. The mornings were very pretty and so quiet.

 




Our traveling there was smooth and went well. Our trip home wasn't as easy. We flew in Sunday evening during a snow storm. There was quite a bit of ice and snow on the car. The car ride home was so scary. We made it home around midnight. We were happy to be home and see those sweet little faces in the morning.
 
Until next time...


2 comments:

C. Walden said...

This looks incredible! I'm so happy it was a great trip for you both!

The Shartzers said...

Thank you, these pictures barely do it justice. The water was so clear and beautiful shade of blue.