Saturday, January 25, 2014

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

Her big sisters were so excited for her big day. We spent a great deal of time picking out which cake (box mix) and color of icing she would like the most. We finally agreed on confetti with purple icing. We counted down the days. We made sure she had her birthday shirt on and we sang to her, and sang some more. 

In her first year she has done many things she'll never remember and so many I hope I'll never forget. The banner the big two made when we came home from the hospital. The way she smiles at everyone she sees. How she tries to entertain anyone that happens to sit behind us at church. The way she smelled as a little bitty baby. Her sweet little voice as she learned to say mama and da-eee. How she cackles when her sisters jump up and down. How precious she is when I rock her to sleep and she'll chat with me one last time before she closes her eyes for the night. 

These are the pictures that make me smile and almost cry...

I still love this saying and find it so perfect as I try to slow Ellie from growing up too fast.
"My hope: as I hold you in my arms...I hope happiness will follow you all the places you will go. That innocence will guard you as long as possible. That your sense of wonder will not be left at childhood's door. That faith will guide every new adventure. That your heart will be a loyal guide. That love will shine its truth upon you and if your sunny days turn cloudy...know that you can always find your place back here in my arms."

Until next time...
Big sisters helping make cupcakes and clean up the batter! 


No comments: