Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Birthday, maggie!

There are many things I don't always remember but I don't think I'll ever forget about the days leading up to Maggie's birth. Get comfortable. Only kidding, but I will share a bit. I'll never forget rocking in her room before her arrival and admiring the hard work we put into her nursery.  I remember making Jason take me to the Italian festival two days before I had her and then regretting that decision as I tried to walk back to the car. I remember trying to go to sleep the night before going to the hospital. Our house seemed so quiet.The way we felt when we drove to St. Francis. Pretty sure we were both so scared and excited we talked non stop. Shocker, I know. And then the overwhelming burst of life and love I felt when she came into the world. She loves when I tell her stories about when she was a baby. She was so alert just hours after she was born. Ready to see what all the fuss was about and paying attention to the world around her from day 1. Each child has taught me something different, but Maggie really taught me how to love selflessly. 

Six years later she amazes me each day. She doesn't let me get far away when we are at home. Curious as to what I'm doing and what I'm doing next. Her memory is remarkable. No, not kidding! It is something else i tell you. She reminds me of our adventures and tells me her favorite stories quite often. 

The girl loves all things girly. She's into gymnastics and dancing around. Her favorite color is pink. Her favorite books are amelia bedilia and her favorite movie is Ramona and Beezus. She loves popcorn, shrimp, chicken dumplings and Popsicles. She takes good care of her sisters and thrives at school. My wish for her is that she always loves learning. Always dances like no one is watching. And works hard for things she wants. 

Happy Birthday, Maggie! 

We were on vacation for Maggie's birthday. We went to Lulu's for dinner and had spent the day at the beach and pool. Maybe we should all start spending our birthday at the beach! 





No comments: