Well, friends, we have ourselves a new swing set. Jason and his parents worked all day on Saturday and came pretty darn close to finishing it in one day. Those of you that have put one together can appreciate how hard they worked. Thank you!
Saturday night when Jason was putting Maggie to bed I heard him say this "mags, what did we say we would have when we moved to our new house?" "A swing set" she replied. "That's right, we promised a swing set." Tucked it in a as sweet conversation and went to bed.
Sunday morning the girls were giggling and smiling from ear to ear as they played on their brand new swing set. As Jason finished up his work on the handles and such I sent my sister a picture of the finished project to which she replied "yay, finally!! You've been so patient. I bet the girls are thrilled. Have fun!!" And then it hit me. It hit me square in the face. I was overwhelmed with happiness that after months of uncertainty and frustration we had ourselves a home. A home that came after 6 six months of living with my parents not knowing where we'd be living. All that mattered to the girls was at our next house we would have a swing set. See, the last year was a series of events that weren't always easy and at times extremely disappointing. this weekend it all came together. Just like my family and friends said it would. And it did. So when I watched the girls play while listening to a precious baby cooing on the floor I cried. I thought of Jason's conversation with Maggie the night before. I thought of the text I received from my sister. I cried and i smiled. Even when I cut the grass I smiled. I smiled because we are so blessed. My God, are we blessed! We are happy.
The next time I get irritated with Jason or his work schedule remind me of how hard he worked to make his girls happy, all 4 of them. Next month when I'm working in Avon and we're not at our own home together remind me of the ice cream the girls and I shared in the swing set. The next time it rains remind me sunnier days will come.
Until next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment