It's Tuesday, no wait it's Wednesday, 2/27 and this is an account of my day. Our day, at home. Through the night I fed Ellie, which by the way she's doing great...fed her at 6:00, let out the dogs and quickly and quietly jumped back in bed hoping to catch a few more minutes of sleep before the big two were up for the day. I was able to sleep a bit before I heard a sweet little voice coming down the hall. Anna was up at 7:30 and Maggie followed around 10 til 8. Ellie was sleeping so I let Disney watch the kids, I mean let the kids watch Disney while I jumped in the shower. Put on my best sweats and attacked the day.
We had breakfast, did some work around the house. Painted, watched cartoons, tried to do some work on the computer. Made it to lunch. Played some board games. Filled out the paperwork for maggie's new preschool. Called and made an appointment for Ellie with a new pediatrician. Then it was nap time. Anna and Ellie took great naps, but young Maggie doesn't think she needs those anymore. I was waiting for a package that I needed to sign off on so I made sure I didn't fall asleep. And that's when I feared the rest of the day. Something happened after nap time. Something strange, very strange happened. M and A started playing on their own for over an hour. They were so busy just playing like kids do and it was AWESOME!! They played and I held Ellie and Thanked God for my blessings. At some point I put dinner in the crock pot. It was terrible. Looked great on Pinterest, zero flavor and zero presentation points. The scones we made were a success!! At some point the bathroom sink overflowed, the dogs were fed, laundry was done and I got to play beauty shop with my two little ladies. I love when they get so caught up playing we don't even know what time it is.
Some how we cleaned up a very messy kitchen, settled down with some popcorn and had FaceTime with daddy and grandma. i bribed the girls with extra tv time in our bed in exchange for a smooth bedtime. It partially worked.
Now, three girls are sleeping, two dogs are snoring and I'm enjoying an adult beverage. At some point I realized why I'm tired. I look like a candidate for "what not to wear." If you'd like to nominate me, I would gladly accept. Friends don't let friends have eyebrows like this!
This post is in good humor. We are blessed. We don't have it all figured out! Not by any stretch of the imagination, but we try our best and try to have some fun while we do it. I hate being the fun police so I've been working on worrying less about the mess and more about a mom. More of a wife and less of a nag. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it. Goodnight and until next time...




No comments:
Post a Comment