Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long Live 3 Day Weekends!

I love Labor Day Weekend! I don't like the idea that it is the end of summer, but it is something to look forward to when school starts. I love the fall and all that it brings: food, weather, lazy Sundays, the list goes on! We had a nice weekend, we were able to spend time with the girls and slow down a little. I'd like to say we got chores and projects done, but we didn't and I'm okay with that.

Monday we took the girls to Appleworks and had a great time. Maggie loved seeing the animals and rode a pony. They have chickens, turkeys, goats, and donkeys. We (Jason and I) fed the goat in an attempt to get Maggie to do it too. She didn't and I'm kind of proud of myself for doing it without screaming when it took the seeds from my hand! It was a beautiful day and we were able to spend some time outside. We checked out the pond, the animals, the tractor and the haystack. Once we made it inside the store Maggie yelled about getting an apple. Of course, I felt like everyone was staring at us while Maggie was stuck on repeat mode "I want apple, i want apple, I want apple." Of course the people in front of us just couldn't decide what kind of apples they wanted to buy. Once we made it through the line and stocked up on apples, salsa, dip and of course carmel apples we were on our way.

The girls are doing very well at "school" as Maggie calls it and Anna is doing all kinds of new tricks...or at least working on them. We started her on cereal and she is improving with each feeding. One evening when i was feeding her cereal Maggie walked by just long enough to see Anna's reaction and said "mommy, baby no like it." I had to laugh because as soon as i put it in her mouth she pushed it right out. She is rolling over both ways and is pushing up on her arms. I'm surprised how well she is holding her own weight when she sits up. She is more like a weeble wobble, but definitely likes the idea and will probably have it down before I post again...who knows when that will be?

I can tell Maggie is playing with other kids. She had show and tell last week and talks about her buddies from "nane's house". She hasn't cried at drop off for about a week now and that makes me feel so much better. I almost don't want to type this, but Maggie has been sleeping in her toddler bed for about a week now. The past few nights she has slept in it the entire night!! I'm so glad, I hated the idea of her sleeping on the floor as the weather gets cooler. Atleast now she has a pillow and her blankets.



Senior Picture Pose?

Sisters? I think you can tell they are related. Maggie is about 4 months in this picture and Anna is 5.

Don't worry that is only cereal below her nose :)


No comments: