Let's sit down for a cup of coffee at LaPeeps and while we are there we probably should have gooey bun too. Don't worry I just googled gooey buns and will copy the recipe below, just incase you can't get them out of your head either.
Should we sit down to talk here is what I would tell you.
1. The girls are back in school and loving it. Clearly we needed some routine back in our lives. They were a little bored with my tricks. Anna is in pm kindergarten and thinks it is about the best thing ever. Yes, I cried. It isn't about missing them for a few hours each day. It is about them growing up. The idea that she may get her feelings hurt and feel sad without me. That she might not use her imagination as freely or let it run as wild as she always has. I cried when I took maggie to school too. I thought that might be our little secret, but she made a point to tell daddy as she told him about her day.
2. I'm feeling content with being a stay at home lately. There have been days, over the last few years, when I look at monster.com for a job, but lately I feel like I should embrace it and enjoy the time we have at home. Ironically the girls are back in school. Kidding, but we are in a groove and it suits us.
3. This is the weather i'd like year round. Is that too much to ask for? Cool in the morning and evenings with warm, sunny days. Perfection.
4. I have been making a new breakfast treat and I'm hooked. I had to take a break from my scrambled egg whites. It's getting crazy with this little gem: 1/2 smashed banana, 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 2 egg whites, 1 T of water, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of baking powder and 1/3 cup of blueberries. Mix and make as you would your traditional pancakes. The recipe suggested plenty of cooking spray. I put a little butter on and enjoyed them. They would be good with more fresh fruit.
5. We have a few home projects in the works. I'll share those as soon as we finish, hold onto your seats for these. :)
For now, I'll show you the desk we made Maggie. She loves it and has even spent a little time in her room playing at it. (Read: we should have built that months ago)
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment