And just like that the school routine is in full gear. Maggie is in first grade and back to full day school. She loves going to the library and music class. I can't get much out of her beyond that. I've tried every cute little question i can think of and have seen the link on facebook. She will give me little bits of info days after the fact so I take it when I can get it.
Anna started preschool last week and has now gone three days, each day was a bit better. Anna is probably our most emotional child so I wasn't too surprised she was worried about ellie and said she missed all of us while she was at school. Right now she would like to be a dr., cowgirl, mom, a helper, and an animal doctor. I hope she never stops using her imagination. She wore her favorite dress which happens to be her favorite color. Every girl should have a dress that makes her feel fabulous.
Monday was our first Labor Day not to go to Appleworks in 6 years. I may or may not have cried about not going. Don't judge me. It's not about going to that particular orchard, or maybe it is. I was just disappointed but knew it wasn't reasonable to drive 5 hours for the sake of a slide, haystack and an apple dumpling. We ventured to a local winery instead. It was actually very family friendly and we had a great day. While we missed feeding the goats we still had fun together. A couple of treats at the 50s style ice cream shop and we called it a success. That's probably the biggest lesson I've learned from moving away from everything that is familiar... as long as we do things as a family it turns out we are just fine. Better than fine, really. Actually quite wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment