Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Don't Cry for Me Argentina"

Jason left for Argentina and the wheels started falling off. Monday: maggie has pink eye, ear infection and a virus. My mom was able to watch her and meet me at the doctors office, but not until she got sick in her car twice. Tuesday: stayed home with the girls to get everyone healthy. Dogs decide using the restroom outside is overated and find the basement floor more convenient-dislike!!! Wednesday-good day maggie spent the night at my parents so thursday morning would be easier. Notice anna's eyes look a little irritated so I started giving her maggie's eye drops.Ready to board dogs somewhere permantly and put a for sale sign in the front yard. Thursday: the morning was much easier and anna enjoyed being the only child. After school I picked up anna to find she had goop pouring out of her eyes, continued giving her maggie's eye drops. I took the girls to maggie's dance class. At this point it seems like we can make it through the week. Cry my eyes out during "the office". Friday: anna was awake from 2:00-3:30. Maggie needed a bath before school. I'll spare you the details, but she was crying to get out of the tub and anna was crying because she couldn't get in with her big sister. I thought maybe anna had an ear infection to match maggie. I took the girls to Jane's, after I treated myself to a little starbucks (thought I deserved it this week).Get to school, settle in for silent reading...then I get the dreaded phone call. "Your babysitter is on extension 1271" I knew right away what that meant. Jane shared that maggie had gotten sick. I frantically talk to my teacher friends and principal to make sure everything is covered. (Cry from exhaustion and worry about mags.) Go pick up the girls and maggie seems to be feeling much better before we even get home. Still concerned I took them both to the doctor. Maggie was climbing around and smiling from ear to ear. Dr. Asdell and I both commented "glad to see she's feeling better." Anna had pink eye, but no ear infection. A long nap for everyone and a trip to Target rounded out the week. Did I mention it was career week, ISTEP testing and we are trying to pass a referendum at school=stressful. Saturday: pancakes, cartoons, and sunshine! I think we can make it!!! Jason returns sometime on Monday and then I will pack my bags for a stress center :)

2 comments:

C. Walden said...

I can completely relate to this. Watch life snap back to normal when Jason gets back. I hope Monday comes quickly and that your weekend is much less eventful!

The Shartzers said...

Thanks, I'm sure they will. Normally I get sick once he gets home. Hope you're feeling well!